Maps API provides a developer with a set of functions, helping to create Maps aware applications.
Maps API comprises of following features:
- Geocoding and reverse Geocoding
- Discoverying place information
- Calculating route
Maps API allows a Developer to choose one of Map Providers which are being included as plugins.
The Maps Geocoding API allows translating an address to its geographical location defined in terms of latitude and longitude; the input can be a qualified and structured address or a free-formed search text with full or partial address information.
The example below shows a structured address:
- street=Invaliden street
The Maps Reverse Geocoding API allows to inverse translating a geographical location (longitude, latitude) to an address; it can be used to answer the question "Where am I?".
The Maps Route API provides ways to calculate a route that defines a path between a start and a destination and may, optionally, pass through specific intermediate locations.
- Travel Mode (car, pedestrian, public transit, truck),
- Optimization (fastest, shortest),
- Avoid/Prefer Preferences (toll road, motorway, ferry, public transit, tunnel, dirt road, parks, car-pool lane).
- Route Calculations
- Way points and preferences as input values,
- Route geometry and maneuver (instructions for guidance) as result values: Geometry consists of points that visually represent the determined route, Maneuver contains turn-by-turn instruction and position.
The Maps Place API allows you to find place information.
- Depending on the location context, the number of relevant places might be large. Therefore this query may not only return places, but also suggestions for additional filter criteria that allow users to interactively refine the classes of places they are interested in.
- Nearby Search: search for places within a specified area. You can refine your search request by supplying keywords, Name of Points of Interests, or Proximity.
- Category Search: search for popular places for the given location context and matching the category filter criteria. You can refine your search request by specifying the categories of place you are searching for. Result item type of searching
- ID, name, location, distance, URI, rating, category. Place information allows to fetch details about a place. The following place content is supported:
- Base Attribute includes name, location, categories, contacts, ID, ratings, icon path, image content, review content, and editorial content.
- Extended Attribute refers to opening hours, payment methods, annual closings, disabled access.
The Maps View API provides a developer with a set of functions, bringing basic interactive visual user interface in maps applications.
View widget: Drawing a map image on the map port, the specified rectangular area of the maps application GUI.
Zoom and rotation: Changing zoom and orientation of the view in response to user gestures, such as scrolling, tapping, zooming, rotating, etc.
Conversion of screen coordinates to geographical and vice versa.
User's gesture support:
- Receive the event of the user gesture.
- Enable or disable the specified gesture.
- Re-assign the action, which should be taken in response to the user's gesture.
- Visibility and size on the screen.
- Theme: Day, satellite, or terrain.
- Language: English, Russian, Chinese, Italian, German, Spanish, etc.
To guarantee that the Maps application runs on a device with Maps profile feature, declare the following feature requirements in the config file:
The class representing a geographical area.
The box overlay map object.
The bubble overlay map object.
Geocode request for the map service.
A class representing geographical coordinates.
Event arguments for gesture type map events.
The map object.
Map service class for service request.
Base class for a map service request.
Map View class to show a map on the screen.
The marker map object.
Multiple reverse geocode request for Tizen map service.
Overlay map object.
Pin type the marker map object.
Place information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Address information for the map point used in geocode and reverse geocode requests.
Place attributes information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place category information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place contact information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place editorial information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place filter information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place image information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place link object information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place media information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place rating information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place review information, used in place discovery and search requests.
Place search request for Tizen map service.
The polygon map object.
The polyline map object.
Reverses the geocode request for a map service.
Route information, used in Route Search requests.
Route maneuver information used in route search requests.
Routes the search request for Tizen map service requests.
Place Segment information used in Route Search requests.
Preferences for route search requests.
Sticker type marker map object.
The preference for geocode searches.
The preferences for a place search.
The preferences for route search.
The direction types for route maneuver.
The allowed distance units.
Enumeration for the user gesture over a map view.
The map view type (theme).
Route features used for route search requests.
Route feature weights used in route search requests.
Allowed route optimization option used in route search requests.
Features available in the map service.
Service requests available in the maps service.
Enumeration for the snapshot file formats.
Turns the Instruction type for route maneuver.